You need to notify the Department of Motor Vehicles about your change of residence or mailing address for your vehicle, vessel, driver license, or identification card records. You must report a change of address to DMV within 10 days of the change. You could also use the same form to report a voter change of address, if you are already a registered voter and you still reside in the same county. You will not be issued new documents.
Things to know
DMV Contact Number by State: Click to view
DMV Mailing Address by State: Click to view
DMV Website by State: Click to view
What do you need to complete your address change?
- Your Social Security Number
- Your State Driver License or Identification Car
- Your Date of Birth
- Visit the website link given above.
- Select the state pertaining to your old address.
- Fill the Address Change Request form with the corresponding DMV.
- Make a copy of the Address Change confirmation for your records.
You cannot file the change of address with DMV if you:
- Do not have the corresponding State’s Driver License and/or State Identification Card
- Do not have a Social Security Number
- Have an Army Post Office or Fleet Post Office address
- Have an address outside of the United States
Reference: DMV – Department of Motor Vehicle (http://www.dmv-department-of-motor-vehicles.com)